Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Series-Day 23

Today, I am thankful for the beautiful music of The Nutcracker and for my parents, who took our family to see the Nutcracker ballet (always Joffrey!) almost every year when I was a kid (even though I was pretty much the only one who wanted to go...lol!).

I have the entire Nutcracker ballet basically memorized. I know the music, and I have committed to memory so many details of the Joffrey's incredible production. I love the oversized dolls that Uncle Drosselmeyer brings to delight the children. I get sad when the Nutcracker's jaw is broken, and a little scared when Drosselmeyer appears above the clock with the owl on it. I am ENTHRALLED by the Christmas tree's magical growth (my favorite part!), and enchanted by the magical world the Nutcracker brings Clara to. I am so thankful that I have been able to see this ballet, and that I can continue to enjoy the music and be transported by it to the world I remember :)



No comments:

Post a Comment