Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Inspiration

So I suppose to make up for the lack of consistent posting I will just post again, because I am somewhat of an insomniac tonight.

Check this out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs4I_N--T_U&playnext_from=TL&videos=qTVTCID-oGI

This is a video of Caissie Levy singing "How To Return Home" by Kait Kerrigan and Brian Lowdermilk. I am pretty much obsessed with it right now. Not only does Caissie have an incredible voice, but I am so drawn to the melody and lyrics. I feel the same way about another song of theirs, "Run Away With Me," and I hope to have more time soon to investigate their other songs. It is songwriters like them, and Lin Manuel Miranda, and Scott Alan, etc etc of modern times who have been inspiring me lately. I hope someday soon to refine my piano skills and maybe write some songs of my own!! Of course, I don't have a piano, but hey my old Casio will do for now. lol :)

1 comment:

  1. Totes adore Scott Alan... his 'Keys' album has been growing on me. I hated it at first, but, after a year of not listening to it I am falling in love.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete