Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Burnt Out

I feel like it has been a very long time since I've written in this blog! I'll have to check the last date.

I have been pretty busy with school lately. My first semester of graduate school is ending and I couldn't be happier! Not that it hasn't been super fun, it has been. For example, last week on Thursday and Friday my Library Buildings class took a field trip to Chicago and the surrounding suburbs to look at some libraries with our professor. Not only did we get to see some pretty cool libraries, but we got to talk in person with the staff and see staff areas of libraries and discuss what worked, what didn't, etc. This might sound kind of lame but it was really cool! My favorite that we visited was the Riverside Public Library (picture below). It is done in an "arts and crafts" style which basically means medieval revival and it looks like a castle! It is also featured in a children's picture book called "Bats In The Library!" We also saw a really cool statue of an elephant made out of old newspaper articles about the library (this was NOT at Riverside, I forgot which library this was at!).





So, even though I had lots of fun on our field trip, I am excited for this semester to be done so I can start my summer and fall classes! I will be taking Paper in the Scholarly World, Rare Books, and another intro class over the summer, and then I will be taking Preservation, History of the Book, and Youth Services Librarianship over the fall!

What else. I had to make a sort of tough decision this weekend that I am not ready to share with the world yet. All I can say is that it was the right decision for me and for the others involved, and I am glad to be back in Champaign with less stress involved in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment