Sunday, April 11, 2010

Inspiration

If you have a few minutes, you should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUgcOVFhfXM&playnext_from=TL&videos=QZo2VGgYxXg

It's a video about one of my favorite musicals, "In The Heights," and the process it went through to get to Broadway. This may sound boring to some of you but trust me, it's pretty incredible. It's more about the people, the writers, the actors, the creative team, and their lives and how they interconnect with the musical....kind of hard to explain but it's pretty awesome.

Sometimes I find myself just completely in awe of how creative some people are. I hope someday to write a song, or a play, or maybe even a whole musical that is even a fraction as good as some of the ones that I have seen. There are times I wish I hadn't been so shy in elementary/middle/high school, that I would have stepped up to the plate and owned up to what I really wanted to do with my life (be a music major). I know, though, that everything happens for a reason, and I'm here at U of I for a reason, and wherever I go after this will all be a part of God's plan for me and I just have to trust it. Sometimes I wish I were more trusting! But I know that if this is truly a dream of mine, to be on Broadway or to even just put on a show in some dinky little community theater, I will have to work hard at it. I don't know if I have the capacity to do that right now, but I hope that when the time is right and the idea is right and everything lines up where it should be that I will know, and I will follow my creativity to some totally awesome end. We'll see what happens! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment