Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tony Nominations Tuesday!

Today, dear readers, is a special day, for today the 2010 Tony Awards nominees were announced!! You can check out the full list of nominees here:

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/nominees/index.html

I must say that unfortunately I am not nearly as excited about this year's nominees as I was about last year's, perhaps because last year I got to take a trip to New York and see many of the shows/performances that were nominated. I am excited to see the new Green Day-based musical American Idiot perform, though. Other surprises for me include The Addams Family not being nominated in the category of Best Musical, and Sean Hayes being nominated for Best Performance by a Leading Actor for his role in the revival of Promises, Promises but Kristen Chenoweth NOT getting nominated for Leading Actress for the same show.

However, the Tonys are always an interesting show (...for dorks like me!), so it should be fun to see the variety of performances, including Chicago's own original cast of Million Dollar Quartet!

No comments:

Post a Comment