Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5 Songs I Am Currently Obsessed With

Hey, ya'll! The following is a list of songs that I can't stop singing. Disclaimer: The Argyle Sweatervest Incident, its writer and associates will not claim responsibility for getting any of the following songs stuck in your head. You have been warned. lol :)

1. "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry

This song is so beautiful! I can't stop listening to it. The lyrics and melody are just gorgeous, and I am telling you all right now that if I do die young I want you to do exactly what this song says.

link to YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJqUN9TClM

2. "Our Song" by Taylor Swift

Continuing in this list's country theme so far, I can't stop listening to "Our Song!" It may be because of the line "When we're on the phone and you talk real slow, 'cuz it's late and your mama don't know" due to the frequency with which I have had hours-long late-night phone conversations with a certain someone...lol.

link to YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb2stN7kH28

3. "Uncharted" by Sara Bareilles

I really like this song! It's from her new album, which I wasn't crazy about at first but now can't stop listening to. Other songs from this album that I like include "Machine Gun," "Bluebird," and "Let The Rain." I really, really like Sara Bareilles, mostly because of the awesome piano parts accompanying her jazzy voice.

link to YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqbcEC3LPno

4. "The Wandering Kind" by Josh Groban

Again a theme emerges....I love this song because a) Josh Groban wrote it himself and b) it's all piano, no singing. This video isn't the best representation of this song, I like the version on his newest CD (Illuminations) better, but if you get a chance you should check it out. I love listening to instrumental music, and this song gives me the goosebumps at times.

link to YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VbCI62H4s

5. "Hold You In My Arms" by Ray LaMontagne

I have to admit that I really haven't listened to the words in the verses of this song very carefully! I just really like it, it's mellow and easy to listen to, and the chorus says "I could hold you in my arms, I could hold you in my arms forever," and I find that sweet.

link to YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRotMzTuKzo&feature=fvst

So that's it for now! Oh, and thus far 2011 has been the favorite of my 23 and 3/4 years on Earth. Let's hope it stays that way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment