Monday, March 29, 2010

What I Like About You

Okay. A lot of you have heard me complain (a lot?) about Champaign. Though it definitely has its downsides (it's no Chicago!), there ARE a few things that I have found here that I enjoy.

Insomnia Cookies

I have ordered from them a few more times than I'm willing to admit....but it can be pretty expensive, and since the end of the semester is approaching I probably won't be ordering again any time soon! Confession: once I ordered from them just because I was out of milk and it was really cold and I didn't want to have to walk to the grocery store. lol

Cakes on Walnut

Yes!!!! I don't know if you know this, but I LOVE cupcakes! A friend and I once spent an entire afternoon doing a cupcake-tasting of several cupcake stores in Chicago. Now, it's no Cupcakes (which is now out of business, sad sad), but it's pretty delicious. I really like their regular chocolate cupcakes (below) and their black & white cupcakes (also below). The black & white is kind of like a Hostess cupcake, and was really delicious.


Used Bookstores

I hate to admit it but I actually don't know the name of my favorite used bookstore here! It is right next to Cakes on Walnut, though :) I'll probably post pictures of some of my favorite finds there in another post. I like to collect books, although the ones I've bought are probably not very valuable because they were priced pretty cheaply, lol. I also just read an online pamphlet about rare books and what makes a book rare, so maybe I will apply those standards to what I've found. The store is really neat, though, they also have a large selection of records, and a cat lives in the store!!

What else is good about Champaign....I do really love my apartment, and my wall of Playbills! I have been getting outside a lot and walking the dog, and walking to class, and now that the weather is (mostly) nicer it isn't too much of a hassle. Though I can't wait to get back to a big city, it has been interesting living in (what I consider) a smaller town in a rural area!

1 comment:

  1. fellow cupcake loving buddy, I read this blog daily, and drool over it :)

    http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete