Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Announcement

Hello, dear readers! I am very excited to announce the news that I received today. I'll give you a hint: columns.



Not enough? How about another: massively awesome reading room.



Still not sure? Okay, I'll tell you. This summer I will be interning in Washington, D.C. at the Library of Congress!!!!!! :)



I am SUPER DUPER excited about this, more than I can put into words! I will be a part of their 2011 Junior Fellows Summer Intern program, likely working on something called the Ptolemy Project helping the LOC researchers in the preservation and rare books departments examine a hand-colored "Geographia" atlas from the year 1513. I cannot believe that this incredible opportunity has come my way! I hope and think that I will learn so much from the LOC staff about preservation, conservation, the study of rare materials, etc.

So, that is my news! :) I will certainly miss being in the Chicago area for the summer, but I think it will definitely be worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment